Monday, January 9, 2017

In The Beginning

The Varick School is part of the Hillside Families of Agencies. It is a residential school located south of Geneva, NY. I was hired as a science teacher in October. I have been a public school teacher for about 30 years, and this is the first time I have been asked to teach Living Environment (Biology to the non- NY folks), most of the time I have taught earth science and chemistry.

One thing I found on campus was an unused greenhouse. The building is huge and it has a working aquaponics system,
drain and pump for the system

The Whole system

Bed with some of our stuff. Cilantro growing in the other bed


 So what is a teacher to do with such a resource? We will find out.

With one of my classes, we will be figuring out the wonderful world of growing things in the greenhouse, and this will be a blog of our misadventures

No comments:

Post a Comment